Makes 2 pancakes
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins plus 1 hour chill time
100gms Gluten free flour
100gms Ivory teff flour
2 large eggs
1 tbs sesame oil
1 clove garlic finely sliced
¼ wombok cabbage
1 spring onion finely diced, reserving green parts for garnish
Pickled ginger, roasted shallots, toasted sesame seeds, kewpie & BBQ sauce to serve
1. In a jug, mix your flour, milk and eggs until well combined.
2. In a medium frying pan, heat up your sesame oil.
3. When hot, add in your garlic, wombok, and spring onion whites and caramelize for 4-5 mins.
4. When caramelized lightly, slowly pour in your pancake mix and stir until combined.
5. Cook for 3-4 mins on one side then flip pancake and cook for a further 4-5 mins.
6. Once golden, slide onto a plate, and using a criss cross pattern, squirt on your kewpie and BBQ sauce in alternating patterns, sprinkle with spring onion, roasted shallots and toasted sesame seeds, serve with pickled ginger.