Cauliflower & Teff Grain Salad
200g raw cashews
2 lemons zested & juiced
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 head cauliflower cut into rough florets
1 tbsp Moroccan seasoning
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained dry
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 cup Outback Harvest Teff Grain Brown
2 cups vegetable stock
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ pomegranate, seeds smacked out
1 handful mint
1 handful parsley
1 tbsp Dukkah
S + P
- Preheat your oven to 200deg on fan bake.
- Place your cashews in a blender jug, pour boiling water over them until just covered, seal jug and leave to sit for 30mins. Add juice of 1 lemon, vinegar, season with salt and pepper and blend until creamy smooth and reaches a yoghurt like consistency, adding more water if needed. set aside.
- In a large bowl, add your cauliflower, Moroccan spices, salt, pepper to taste and ½ tbsp. olive oil, toss well and roast on a lined baking tray and roast for 20mins @ 200deg until the edges get crispy and caramelized, set aside.
- In the same bowl as your cauliflower, add chickpeas, smoked paprika, salt, pepper to taste and ½ tbsp. olive oil and roast on a lined baking tray and roast for 30mins @ 200deg. Set aside.
- In a medium pot, bring Teff grain and vegetable stock to the boil, lower heat and simmer for 6-8 minutes until all the stock has been absorbed and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk remaining lemon zest and juice, remaining olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble salad, spoon Teff grain onto platter, layer with roasted cauliflower, chickpeas, spoon over your cashew cream, sprinkle pomegranate seeds, herbs and dukkah, drizzle with dressing and serve.