Mega Chocolate Teff Cake
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
¼ cup olive oil
1 ½ cup coconut sugar
1 cup Outback Harvest Teff Flour Brown
1 cup gluten free plain flour (we used Well and Good)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp cacao powder
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
100mls coconut milk
½ tsp Himalayan salt
(to make a double layer cake as we are doing simply double this recipe)
2 ripe avocados, peeled and de-seeded
½ cup unsweetened cacao powder
½ cup coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
dark chocolate block for shaving
raspberries to garnish
- Preheat an oven to 160deg on fan bake and line 2 20cm spring form baking tins with butter and baking paper on the bottom and sides.
- In a large food processor, add in all of your ingredients and blend until well combined, approx. 2 minutes, ensuring to scrape down the sides to incorporate all ingredients well.
- Pour batter into lined baking tins and bake in the oven for 45 minute to an hour, the cakes are done when a skewer comes out clean once inserted in the center.
- Whllst the cakes are baking, in the bowl of a food processor, add in your avocado, cacao, coconut sugar, vanilla, salt and blend until super smooth.
- Once cakes are cooked, cool on a wire rack for at least an hour and when ready smother one cake with your gorgeous frosting, stacking another layer on top and smothering again until completely covered.
- Shave fresh chocolate liberally over the top, scatter with rasberries and enjoy!