Easy Teff Pizza Base
Prep time: 25 mins + 2 1/2 hours resting
Cook time: 5 mins
1 cup luke warm water ( 30deg)
1 Tbsp honey
1 packet dry yeast
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 eggs, whisked
1 cup Outback Harvest Ivory Teff Flour
1 cup gluten free self raising flour ( we used well and good)
1 tsp xantham gum
1 tbsp salt
extra teff flour for kneading
- In a medium bowl, whisk together your water, honey and yeast until well combined, leave for 5-10 minutes until the yeast “blooms” and comes alive, it will be foaming, cloudy and active.
- Once your yeast is active, whisk in your olive oil and eggs.
- In a separate bowl mix in your teff flour, gluten free flour and xantham gum until well combined.
- Make a well in the middle of your dry ingredients and pour in your wet ingredients. Mix slowly until thoroughly mixed and well combined.
- Cover with a damp clean tea towel and leave to double in size in a warm place for 2 hours.
- Sprinkle some flour onto a bench, place your dough on flour and knead into 4 nice round bslls.
- Place on a baking tray dusted with flour, cover, and leave to rise again for another 30 mins.
- Roll out into flat pizza bases, I did this on baking paper, top with your favorite pizza flavors, cook on a tray in a super hot oven or a pizza maker and enjoy!