Sweet Potato & Teff Gnocchi
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 8-10 mins
2-3 sweet potatoes
1 cup Outback Harvest Ivory Teff Flour
1 cup gluten free flour (we used Well and Good)
1 egg, whisked
1 tsp Himalayan salt
2 tbs butter
2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
2 tbs parsley chopped
2 tbs grated fresh parmesan
S + P to serve
- In a 180deg preheated oven, spike your sweet potatoes with a knife and roast for 45mins to an hour until soft and cooked inside.
- Once cooked, leave to cool completely, then remove skins, discard and mash flesh. We need 2 cups of mashed potato, reserve any more for later.
- In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment add your potato mash, flours and egg.
- Mix until well combined and a dough forms that is not sticky to the touch, add more flour if needed to achieve the right texture, it should be “tacky” to the touch
- On a floured bench, divide dough into 6 balls, then roll each ball out into thin, long logs about 2 cm thick.
- Cut logs into small pillow shapes and place on a floured tray ensuring none touch, use as many trays as you need.
- 7. In rapidly boiling salted water, drop in your pillows and once they float to the top remove with a slotted spoon onto a lined baking tray, again keeping separate as to not let them stick.
- In a large pan on medium to high heat, add your butter and fry off your gnocchi until nicely golden.
- Toss in your garlic and brown slightly.
- Serve with fresh parsley, Parmesan, a fresh crack of pepper and some salt.