Super Seeded Teff Loaf
Prep time: 25 mins + 2 hours resting
Cook time: 90 mins
2 ½ cups luke warm water ( 30deg)
1 tbsp honey
1 packet dry yeast
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cups Outback Harvest Brown Teff Flour
2 cups Gluten free self raising flour (we used Well and Good)
2 tsp xantham gum
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup sunflower seeds
½ cup black chia seeds
1 tbsp salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 180deg on fan bake.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together your water, honey and yeast until well combined, leave for 5-10 minutes until the yeast “blooms” and comes alive, it will be foaming, cloudy and active.
- Once your yeast is active, whisk in your olive oil and eggs.
- In a separate bowl mix in your teff flour, Gluten free flour and xantham gum until well combined.
- Make a well in the middle of your dry ingredients and pour in your wet ingredients. Mix slowly until thoroughly mixed and well combined.
- Fold in your seeds and salt until mixed through.
- Cover with a damp clean tea towel and leave to double in size in a warm place for 1 ½ hours.
- Pour dough split between 2 greased and lined loaf tins and leave again covered with your tea bowl for a further 30 mins
- Place in hot oven and bake for 45 mins until risen and sounds hollow when you “knock on it”
- Leave to rest for 30 mins then serve with your favorite toppings.