Teff Chocolate & Orange Protein Balls (soft)
½ cup Outback Harvest Ivory Teff Grain
1 ½ cups apple juice
1 cup coconut water
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
2 tbs cacao powder
1 orange, zest only
1/4 cup hazel nuts
1/4 cup brazil nuts
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
4 dried figs, finely diced
- In a small pot, combine teff, coconut water, apple juice, vanilla bean & cocoa.
- Simmer on a medium to low heat, stirring until liquid has absorbed and the mix begins to bubble and spit. This should take approximately 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine hazelnuts, brazil nuts & walnuts in a mixer and blitz into a fine crumb. Add desiccated coconut.
- Remove teff from the heat and stir through zest, figs and ½ the nut mixture.
- Allow mix to completely cool.
- Dipping your hands in water between rolling, roll the mixture into the size of protein balls you desire & roll balls through your remaining nut mix to coat.
- Refrigerate for an hour before serving.