200g Outback Harvest Teff Ivory Grain
400ml boiling water
5 cherry tomatoes, cut in .
1 spring onion, chopped
Kernals from 1 charred corn
1/2 avocado in quarters
1/4 cup coriander, leaves
1 cup corn chips
2 tbs sour cream
1/2 lime, wedges
Pinch cayenne pepper
1 lime, juice
1 lemon, juice
2 tbs olive oil
1/2 tsp ground cumin
Pinch salt & pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
- Combine boiling water and Teff grain in a deep oven tray and cover with tin foil
- Cook in oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until water has been absorbed
- For the dressing, whisk all ingredients together until combined
- Once the Teff grain is cooked, remove the tin foil and run a fork through the mix to roughly separate the grains, chill in the fridge until completely cold
- Remove Teff grain from the fridge and run hands through the mix, rubbing it through your fingers to separate the grains
- Toss the tomatoes, corn and spring onions through the salad
- Combine . the dressing & serve in two bowls
- To finish, top with avocado, corn chips, coriander, sour cream, cayenne pepper, dressing & wedge of lime.
- Combine boiling water and Teff grain in a microwave safe bowl and place the lid on. Microwave for 10 minutes until all water has been absorbed, stirring half way.
- Run a fork through the mix to roughly separate the grains and chill in the fridge until completely cold.