200g Outback Harvest Teff Brown Grain
½ red onion, finely diced
2 spring onions,
1 garlic clove, crushed
¼ cup parsley, chopped
1 tbs fresh thyme, leaves
¼ cup fried shallots
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cracked black pepper
3 tbs oil – for cooking
½ cup Teff – for coating
- Place the Teff grain & cold water in a medium sized pot and cook on low heat for 13 – 14 minutes or until the water has been absorbed & the Teff grain begins to pop and spit.
- Whilst hot, stir in all other ingredients and pour into a bowl to cool slightly (Do not place in the fridge).
- Once cool enough to handle, measure each burger to approximately 120g or mold into the shape of your bun, then coat with teff.
- Allow patties to rest for 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Remove patties from the fridge, drizzle oil into a pan and fry on a low.