Teff Banana Bread
350g Outback Harvest Teff Brown Flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarb soda
70g coconut sugar
¼ cup shredded moist coconut flakes
1tsp ground cinnamon
1tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp ground cloves
½ tsp mixed spice
3 large ripe Bananas whisked until creamy
200ml soy milk
1tsp apple cider vinegar
¼ cup coconut oil melted
1tbsp golden syrup
50ml maple syrup
1 banana sliced thinly lengthways to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 175deg on fan bake and line a non-stick loaf tin with grease proof paper.
- In a large bowl mix all your dry ingredients thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl mix all of your wet ingredients and slowly incorporate into the dry ingredients until you achieve a delicious and smooth batter.
- Pour all the batter into a loaf tin, and carefully place your sliced banana on top of batter.
- Bake for 60 minutes in the middle of the oven, checking with a skewer to see if the loaf is done, cook for a further 10 minutes if it needs longer, checking with skewer again to ensure loaf is not overcooked,
- Cool on a wire rack for 20-30 minutes and serve fresh with coffee, or toast it up and add any of your favorite toppings!