Super Crunchy Teff Granola
By Nina Gelbke
Nina Gelbke from @naturallynina is a Swiss-Australian sunshine-seeking and nature loving person who has a passion for all things health, nutrition and wellbeing.
A Nutritional Medicine and Dietetics student that loves to share life's experiences via her blog, Naturally Nina. Having the ultimate vision to inspire others through sharing recipes, knowledge, experiences and combining them to make for a healthy, happy and vibrant life.
Since starting her blog, Nina has captured the audience of thousands through her honesty and vulnerability of openly voicing the obstacles that she’s battled, faced and overcome during her life. Nina is motivated to share these stories in the hope that others will be motivated to make achievable changes to better nourish the body, mind and soul to discover a life brighter than once imagined.
Nina creates inspiring and nourishing plant based recipes that are fun, irresistible and packed with the nutrients to fuel your mind, body and soul. Below is the recipe for her Gingerbread Teff Granola: it’s gluten free & vegan that’s perfectly sweet, spicy and warming for the colder months ahead. It’s a wholesome granola that is packed with vitamins, minerals, fibre and plant protein.
Outback Harvest have followed Nina’s story via her social media accounts for quite sometime and we’ve honestly been taken back by her ability to be raw, meaningful and ultimately truthful when sharing her story. We’re motivated by her kindness and are extremely honoured to be able to share this nourishing recipe that Nina has created using our Ivory Teff Grain. So, go ahead and scroll down to discover this incredible creation.
Gingerbread Teff Granola
Prep time: 10-15mins
Cook time: 15-20mins
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup Ivory Teff Grain
- 1/2 cup buckwheat
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a tray with baking paper
- Soak the dates in warm water for 10 minutes to soften, then drain and blend until smooth to make a date paste
- Combine the spices, teff and buckwheat
- Stir the date paste through and mix until all the grains are well coated and it forms a crumbly mix
- Spread evenly onto your baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes, give it a quick stir and bake for another 10 minutes until golden
- Allow to cool, then gently mix through the goji berries
- Store this granola in a sealed glass jar or container
We’d love you to leave a comment below! Let us know your thoughts..!
If you’d like to be featured as our next Teff Inspired Recipe, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org