Makes 5 Rolls
1 Cup Outback Harvest Teff Brown Grain
2 Cups Water
1 tsp Sugar
1 tsp salt
1/4 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
5 Nori sheets
Fillings (see filling combinations)
- Place the Teff & cold water in a medium-sized pot and cook on low heat for 11 – 12 minutes or until the water has been absorbed & the Teff begins to pop and spit.
- Once removed from the heat, stir in the salt, sugar and rice wine vinegar
- Pour onto a flat tray and allow to cool for 5 – 10minutes, or until it is cool enough to hold
- Place 1 nori sheet, shiny-side down, on a bamboo mat. Spread an even amount of Teff
- over the bottom half of the nori, leaving a small border around the edge.
- Arrange your choice of filling in a horizontal line along the Teff. Being careful not to overfill, gently lip the end of the mat closest to you, and roll it over the ingredients to enclose.
- Continue rolling the mat forward to make a complete roll. Remove from the mat and use a serrated knife to slice the sushi. Serve with pickled ginger, soy sauce and wasabi.
- Shitaki & enoki mushroom, sesame, cucumber, Spring onion
- Tofu, seaweed, spring onion, toasted sesame, kewpie
- Kimchi, buLer leLuce, avocado, spring onion, fried shallot
- Carrot, capsicum, fried shallot pickled red cabbage, sesame oil