Oat, Honey & Teff Bars
Our next Influencer Inspired Recipe was developed by Samantha from @wholesomepatisserie. Her online presence promises to provide you with endless deliciousness through her irresistible creations! Outback Harvest first discovered Samantha and her talents over a tennis match in Melbourne. We weren’t directly introduced but were quick to contact Samantha the moment we heard about her passion for gluten-free, wholesome foods.
Wholesome Patisserie is a stunning display of Sam’s love for gluten-free sweets, cakes and of course CHOCOLATE!
Surprisingly, this Teff recipe contains just a fraction of chocolate (great self-discipline Sam). If you’re also a chocolate lover like Sam, then who’s stopping you from adding more? Certainly not us, we’ll endorse it 100% if using chocolate above 80% Cocoa, of course!
Below is just a slice of Wholesome Patisserie’s deliciousness, if you’re wanting to discover more tantalising gluten-free treats, you can head to her website by clicking the big button below.
We’re absolutely honoured to have Sam feature on our page and are excited to hear what our Teff community thinks about this recipe. We’re quite confident that these bars will become a favourite go-to for a quick breakfast fix or snack during the day!
These little bars are packed with Teff goodness; being high in iron, protein, calcium & fibre! Discover more of our Teff recipes here.
Oh, when you whip up these bars - and we know you will - be sure to contact Samantha to share your thoughts with her. You can interact with Sam on Instagram @wholsomepatissirie or on Facebook at @WholesomePatisserie.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup Ivory Teff Flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 Tbsp flax seeds
- 1½ Tbsp cacao nibs
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF) and line a 9” x 9” square baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add rolled oats, Ivory Teff flour, baking soda, desiccated coconut, flax seeds and cacao nibs, mix well and set aside.
- In a small pot over low-medium heat, add coconut oil and honey, mix well until coconut oil is completely melted and mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Remove from heat and stir through vanilla.
- Pour oil and honey mixture into the dry mixture, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Press mixture into lined pan, firmly flattening it out with the back of a wooden spoon or spatula until firm and even.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden around the edges and lightly golden in the middle.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once completely cooled, carefully slice into long bars.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Store in an airtight container or wrap in @greenerlife vegan-friendly food wraps, in the pantry or refrigerated, for 5-6 days.
We’d love you to leave a comment below! Let us know your thoughts..!
If you’d like to be featured as our next Teff Inspired Recipe, feel welcome to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org