Vegan Teff Falafels
We're excited to introduce our next Influencer Inspired Recipe by Sophie from @sohpies_foodfeast!
Sophie is newly graduated dietitian who believes that learning how to cook whole, fresh foods is the key to good health. She encourages everyone to experiment and play around with flavours in the kitchen...because who doesn't love food?
Sophie currently contributes to Catherine Saxelby's Foodwatch, works as a Recipe Tester at HelloFresh AU and provides free lance recipe development, testing, nutrition analysis & photography.
In addition, she loves dogs, crossfit, drizzles sriracha on everything and could probably live off Vegemite & avocado on toast.
See her on Instagram at @sophies_foodfeast !
- ½ cup dried chickpeas
- ½ cup cooked Teff
- ½ red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbs olive oil
**NOTE: This recipe requires you to do some overnight soaking!**
Soak the dried chickpeas overnight or for 8 hours in 3 cups of water
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C and line an oven tray with baking paper
- Drain and rinse the soaked chickpeas
- In a blender, add the chickpeas and the remaining ingredients. Blend until combined and a paste-like mixture forms. If the mixture appears too dry, add a drizzle more olive oil Note: Do not over process or else you’ll end up with hummus!!
- Scoop heaped tablespoons of the mixture and form into falafels. Place on the oven tray. You should end up with roughly 15 falafels.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until slightly brown and crispy. Flip the falafels
- halfway to ensure both sides get crisp!
- Enjoy fresh out of the oven with some hummus, tabouli and pita bread!!
We’d love you to leave a comment below! Let us know your thoughts..!
If you’d like to be featured as our next Teff Inspired Recipe, feel welcome to email us at email@example.com