Ciara from @cleanse_with_ciara is a Naturopathic Nutritionist, Cleansing Coach and Colonic Therapist, specialising in gut health, detox and plant-based clean eating. Outback Harvest met Ciara at our first ever Vegan Market hosted by @mermaidsoroity in October 2017. Since then, Ciara has created her own range of recipes using our Teff. These have all been nutritious, delicious and incredible. We have chosen her Banana Teff Pancake recipe for our Inspired Recipe as it ticks all the boxes - simple, vegan, gluten-free, packed with nutrition, and best of all… they’re pancakes!
We recreated this recipe a couple of months back and have since made them almost every weekend! The beauty of these Teff pancakes is that they taste like a guilty pleasure but are in fact healthy and provide you with the nutrients to power you through the day! We’re impressed with just how well this recipe holds together and are excited to hear your thoughts. We’re certain that these Banana Teff Pancakes will instantly become a family favourite!
Scroll down for this delicious pancake recipe created by Ciara. Be sure to follow her on Instagram @cleanse_with_ciara. Ciara will demonstrate how eating well and living a balanced lifestyle will lead to increased happiness and overall sense of wellness.
Banana Teff Pancakes with Mango Nice-Cream
- 1 Cup Brown Teff Flour
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- ½ Banana
- 1½ Cups Coconut Milk (roughly).
- ½ Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Frozen Mango
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Milk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Bean Extract
- Place Chia Seeds in a cup, add water to cover seeds (approximately 1-2cm above). Meanwhile add Brown Teff Flour, mashed banana and coconut milk in a large bowl.
- Once Chia Seeds have formed into a gel add to the pancake mix, with cinnamon and stir to gain consistency.
- Place desired amount of pancake mix into a hot pan on a medium heat and cook on either side for approximately 2 minutes.
While pancakes are cooking:
- Add chopped frozen mango, peanut butter, vanilla extract and coconut milk into the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
Scoop onto your Teff Pancake stack, top with your favourites and enjoy!!
We’d love you to leave a comment below! Let us know your thoughts..!
If you’d like to be featured as our next Teff Inspired Recipe, feel welcome to email us at email@example.com