Vegan Teff Brownies
This inspired recipe has been created by Melanie from Mettle + Grace. Melanie is a talented chef who offers a range of group cooking classes and personalised classes that will teach you how to make delicious, flavoursome food with nourishing ingredients. Melanie is experienced in cooking vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, raw, paleo, dairy free, OMS diet, low residue diet, FODMAP and sugar free meals.
Outback Harvest recently teamed up with Mettle + Grace to present a Teff Recipe tasting at Toscano’s in Kew, Melbourne. Melanie developed this Teff recipe to provide samples to the customers of Toscanos. We tried it ourselves and enjoyed it so much that we had no choice but to recreate it and publish it on our website.
If you’re wanting someone to show you how to prepare, cook and eat delicious food that is beneficial for you and your body, give Mettle + Grace a follow on Facebook and Instagram.
Here is the recipe for the Teff Brownie by Mettle + Grace
The Brownies are Vegan. FODMAP. Gluten-Free. Dairy-free. Prebiotic.
- 1 tsp of Vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp of Baking powder
- 1/4 cup of Chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup of Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of Coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup of Teff Flour (Ivory or Brown)
- 1/4 cup Tapioca Flour
- 1/2 cup Cocao
- 1/2 cup of Tiger nuts / Almonds
- 1/3 cup Teff grain for extra texture + nutrition.
- Preheat oven to 175c.
- Sieve the teff flour, tapioca flour, coconut sugar, cocao and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- Blitz chia seeds in your NutriBullet or food processor - to create chia flour. Add chia flour to the dry ingredients. Add roughly chopped nuts of your choice. Mix dry ingredients until well combined
- Add coconut oil, rice syrup and water to a small saucepan to melt coconut oil.
- Combine wet ingredients including vanilla essence with dry ingredients; mix until combined.
- Pour into loaf tin lined with baking paper
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until a skewer is inserted and removed clean.
** This brownie is high in fibre, iron, magnesium, zinc, potassium, protein, calcium, omega-3, vitamin E and good fats.**
We’d love you to leave a comment below! Let us know your thoughts..!
If you’d like to be featured as our next Teff Inspired Recipe, feel welcome to email us at email@example.com