Teff Sticky Date, Toffee Muffins
Who loves Sticky Date?
What if we told you that this particular sticky date was vegan, gluten free and packed with Iron, Calcium, Protein and more?
Our next influencer inspired recipe was created for us by Kitch from @soybabie_. Kitch is a health advocate who loves all things vegan, sweet, and scrumptious. She will soon be studying Nutrition with the hope to impact supermarkets by implementing healthier products across every shelf. Kitch loves the Melbourne cafe seen and currently works as a barista, so if you’re every in the need for a great latte, be sure to get in contact!
Outback Harvest teamed up with Kitch to develop this incredible Teff recipe. We’ve tested it, tried it and absolutely loved it! This one is definitely going to stick around (pardon the pun).
Make sure you give Kitch a follow on the socials, YouTube and blog for more incredible creations like this one!
All images for this recipe were taken by Kitch herself.
Scroll down for the recipe!
- 50g Nuttelex (or other vegan butter)
- 1 cup of coconut sugar
- 3/4 Cup Almond Milk (or any other milk)-
- 1 & 1/2 cup Teff flour (Ivory or Brown)
- 1/4 cup polenta (uncooked)
- 8 pitted dates
- 40ml water
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- In a large bowl combine butter, coconut sugar, polenta, bicarb soda.
- In a blender, add 5 dates and 40ml water, blend. Finely slice remaining dates and add to dry mix.
- Now add blended dates, almond milk, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar to dry ingredients.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt
- Mix ingredients until batter is smooth & slightly runny (add more milk if needed to gain desired consistency.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180 or until tooth pick comes out clean.
We’d love you to leave a comment below! Let us know your thoughts..!
If you’d like to be featured as our next Teff Inspired Recipe, feel welcome to email us at email@example.com